Employee Excellence Event and Awards
On Friday, we celebrated Excellence in the YMCA! We hosted the first Celebrating Excellence Event & Awards Ceremony. This event brought together all divisions of our association: Branches, CYD, Camp and YCS to celebrate the hard work and success of 2019! The morning started with a delicious brunch, followed by an awards ceremony. It was truly an amazing day to have all the talented and dedicated Y leaders in one place. While we are sorry not all could attend, each supervisor represented their teams gratitude and pride. We would like to congratulate the 2019 winners! They are…
CATEGORY AWARDS: These individual awards were determined by supervisor and peer to peer nominations. We had a total of 148 nominations. Please remember, in our inaugural year we are recognizing the supervisor level and above.
AND THE WINNERS ARE…….
RISING STAR: Anstiss Eaton, CYD Director MV – Oso Grande YMCA
SPIRIT AWARD: Zachary Brooks, Program Director Adventure Guides
EXTRA MILE AWARD: Jennifer Laurie, YMCA Property Manager – Child & Youth Development
TRIUMPH AWARD: Laguna Niguel Staff, Laguna Niguel Family YMCA
GAME CHANGER AWARD: Joe Jimenez, Executive Director – Newport Mesa Family YMCA
LEADERSHIP AWARD: Monique Mabunay, CYD Senior Program Director, SGV ASES
PRESIDENT’S AWARD: Jaime Alls, CYD Site Director COC – Moffett
TOP 10 PROGRAM AWARDS: The criteria we evaluated to select the Top 10 was excellence in the following areas for 2019: QA scores, survey responses, staff turnover, revenue and campaign.
AND THE WINNERS ARE…..
- #1: Esencia, MV – Rancho Mission Viejo, Joe Tabarez
- #2: Santa Ana Family Sports Program, Javier Reyes
- #3: Arroyo YMCA, COC – Santa Ana, Jose Rios-Hernandez
- #4: Newport-Mesa Family Kid Zone, Nezha Haddouch
- #5: Smith YMCA, COC – Huntington Beach, Miranda McNeill
- #6: Newport-Mesa Family Health & Wellness, Katie Bathgate
- #7: Perry YMCA, COC – Huntington Beach, Megan Sabedra-Taylor
- #8: Bergeson YMCA, LN – Laguna Niguel, Michelle Becerra
- #9: Eader YMCA, COC – Huntington Beach, Carissa Daino
- #10: Edgewood ASES – East San Gabriel Valley, Jessica Bautista
BRANCH OF THE YEAR AWARD: This is the overall branch that demonstrated excellence in all of the top 10 criteria. We took the results of every program and aggregated the data to find the highest average score. The branch could be a facility, YCS, Camp or CYD branch.
AND THE WINNER is….. Santa Ana Family YMCA!!
Please give all of our winners a high five and big congrats when you see them. We appreciate all of you and your dedication to positively impacting lives!